St Pete Personal Trainer Approved Sweet Potato Pizza Sliders
Happy Humpday from your St Pete Personal Training Team here at Fitness St Pete & Tierra Verde Fitness. For our newsletter subscribers and Transform St Pete Members, Wednesday is also known as “What’s Cooking Wednesday .”
Thanks to the newest addition to our Team, Coach Pete, I’ve had lots of extra time to create more content to help you maintain not gain during this Holiday Season. With our facebook lives, blog posts and emails, I’ve been working hard to create the content you have asked for including my Signature Ultimate Holiday Survival Kit so, keep the suggestions coming. Hearing from our readers is one of the best parts of my day so drop a comment and let me know what you think about this recipe and what you want more of.
One of the biggest requests has been Holiday Recipes and snack ideas . You COULD follow the advice in checkout-aisle magazines and all the fitness “experts” that scream, “Give up everything delicious this time of year so you don’t get fat!” or you COULD let me teach you how to “eat smarter not less” ; starting with this recipe which is my personal FAV from our Ultimate Holiday Survival Appetizer Guide.
You know what happens when you rely on willpower, don’t you? At some point, you find yourself scarfing up every “forbidden” food in sight and it becomes a total wild ride until you arrive in the New Year tired and bloated with extra pounds and just as much regret.
Socialization and Eating delicious food is human and deprivation doesn’t work.
So, instead of fighting it, go for it, enjoy these fabulous sweet potato pizza sliders that will taste every bit as delish as the processed, inflammatory garbage you may be diving into.
Sweet Potato Pizza Sliders
Serves: 30 pizza slices
- 2 large or 5 small sweet potatoes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ cups all natural, no HFCS or preservative added Marinara sauce
- 2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Chicken Breast, cooked, sliced into 30 chunks
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and trim the sweet potatoes, and cut them into ½ inch slices. (You should have about 30 slices.)
- Brush (or spritz) the sweet potato slices with the oil and place them on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the bottoms have browned and the sweet potato slices are almost tender.
- Remove them from the oven and flip them over so the browned side is facing up.
- Top each slice with about 1 teaspoon of marinara sauce. Sprinkle the garlic and grated mozzarella evenly over the top of each sweet potato slice, and top with one piece of chicken (I have also done meatball halves which are DELISH).
- Place the sweet potato slices back in the oven, and bake until the cheese is molten and the edges are crispy, about 5-8 minutes
- Serve immediately
Committed To Your Success and Awesomeness,
Dianne Villano – Your Personal Fitness & Transformation Expert
Fitness St Pete I Tierra Verde Fitness
P.S. Have you met Heather, the inspiration for our Hot For The Holidays Challenge and Member of the year for 2016?
“I joined because I was fed up with the ups and downs of extreme dieting. I was scared because I was not sure I could handle the workouts. I lost 6” and 4 lbs during the Holidays !
I was used to starving myself to lose weight, so at first the meal plan felt like I was cheating. But it is so doable and realistic way to live. It is not a diet…..it is a meal plan for life!
I have more endurance and I am starting to be able to push my workouts to the next level.”
Heather S , Hot For The Holidays Inspiration & Client Of The Year 2016
P.P.S. If you want to be like Heather and arrive in 2018 without belly bulge, Holiday weight gain and regret, be sure to grab my Signature Holiday Survival Kit full of more recipes like this and all of the strategies Heather and over 2000 like her have used to enjoy the Holidays and stay on track with their fitness goals. Best off all? It’s free as a thank you for being a loyal reader Just click HERE to grab yours .