Fat Blasting Pumpkin Pie
Happy Humpday from your St Pete Personal Training Team here at Fitness St Pete & Tierra Verde Fitness. For our newsletter subscribers and Transform St Pete Members, Wednesday is also known as “What’s Cooking Wednesday” .
Thanks to the newest addition to our Team, Coach Pete, I’ve had lots of extra time to create more content along with our 21 Day Hot For The Holidays Challenge starting Nov 27th and I have really appreciated all of your wonderful feed back from our facebook lives, blog posts and emails and have been working hard to create the content you have asked for.
One of the biggest requests has been Holiday Recipes and snack ideas . I’ve got 5 of my fav coming up for the members of our FREE, Private Facebook Community Transform St Pete but one of my private clients showed me this one today that her chef came up with and I got permission to share it …
Let’s face it this time of year, Frankensweets are everywhere. First it was processed candy for Halloween and next comes deserts.
Most desserts are packed with refined sugars and inflammatory oils, artificial flavors, gluten, and worse – all of which contribute to a whole host of health problems , weight gain and insane sugar cravings.
You COULD follow the advice in checkout-aisle magazines and all the fitness “experts” that scream, “Give up everything delicious this time of year so you don’t get fat!” or you COULD let me teach you how to “eat smarter not less” ; starting with this recipe.
You know what happens when you rely on willpower, don’t you? At some point, you find yourself scarfing up every dessert and junk food in sight.
Eating delicious food is human and deprivation doesn’t work.
So, instead of fighting it, go for it. Enjoy a big slice of pie on Thanksgiving with this fat blasting Pumpkin Pie recipe that will have everyone coming back for seconds…
Fat Blasting Pumpkin Pie
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 60 – 65 mins
Total time: 1 hour 25 – 1 hour 30 mins
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup full-fat unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- (15-ounce) can 100% pumpkin
- puree (or 1 ¾ cups fresh
- pumpkin puree)
- 6 dates, pits removed
- ⅛ teaspoon stevia leaf extract
- 2 cans full-fat unsweetened
- canned coconut milk – just
- the thick cream on top
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (or grass-fed butter)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- Pre heat the oven to 425℉.
- Grease a pie pan with butter or coconut oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, almond flour, flaxseed meal, and salt.
- Add the melted coconut oil, coconut milk, and maple syrup.
- Mix until well combined.
- Press the dough into the greased pie pan, and freeze the pie shell while you make the filling.
- In a blender, blend the pumpkin puree, dates, stevia, coconut milk, coconut oil, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt until the dates are broken up and well-incorporated.
- Add the egg and egg yolks and blend until combined. Taste (if you’re OK with a bit of raw egg), and add a bit more coconut palm sugar, ginger, nutmeg, or salt, to taste.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell, and line the rim of the pie pan with foil to cover the crust edges (so they don’t burn)
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350℉.
- Bake until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool 2 hours.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
More From Fat Loss U: Pumpkin Icecream, Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, Pumpkin Bannana Chocolate Chip Bread
If you want more tips and recipes like this and to arrive in 2018 without Holiday weight gain or belly bulge in a body that looks and feels amazing, our 21 Day Hot For The Holidays Challenge is a done for you Success Plan with 3 weeks of done for you meal plans, recipes your friends and family will LOVE, special Holiday Survival Guide , The Ultimate Fat Blasting Workout Manual so you won’t miss your workouts while travelling , support from people just like you, accountability and guidance to make sure you reach you reach your goals!
It’s going to give you teach you how to eat more, train less, turn your body into a fat burning machine while giving you the direction and accountability you need to get through the Holidays with less stress and no belly bulge or Holiday weight gain, plus you will get a ton of support! Signature Hot For The Holidays Challenge Starts Nov 27th and there are 8 spots left. Just Click HERE to see if you qualify
Committed To Your Success and Awesomeness,
Dianne Villano – Your Personal Fitness & Transformation Expert
Fitness St Pete I Tierra Verde Fitness
P.S. Have you met Heather, the inspiration for our Hot For The Holidays Challenge and Member of the year for 2016?
“I joined because I was fed up with the ups and downs of extreme dieting. I was scared because I was not sure I could handle the workouts. I lost 6” and 4 lbs during the Holidays !
I was used to starving myself to lose weight, so at first the meal plan felt like I was cheating. But it is so doable and realistic way to live. It is not a diet…..it is a meal plan for life!
I have more endurance and I am starting to be able to push my workouts to the next level.”
Heather S , Hot For The Holidays Inspiration & Client Of The Year 2016
P.P.S. If you want to be like Heather and arrive in 2018 without belly bulge & Holiday weight gain, it all starts HERE